In the next fortnight, the Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu will pay an official visit to Australia at the invitation of the Australian government. PIEN, along with many other Palestinian human rights and support organisations, are opposed to this trip taking place.
Along with other organisations, we have organised a number of responses, including a briefing sheet and call to action for churches, public meetings and prayer vigils. Please use the resources below and come along to the different events.
Encourage your friends and other church members to get involved too.
- Briefing Sheet. PIEN has prepared a flyer for use in all churches. Download this flyer (double sided version here, single sided here) and pass it on to your church leaders and fellow church members
- Join our prayer vigils in Canberra (Canberra Uniting Church) and Melbourne (St. Pauls Cathedral).
- Join the time of Prayer and Meditation for the Peace of Jerusalem organised by Bp Philip Huggins.
- Come and here Br Peter Bray, Vice Chancellor Bethlehem University talk about University life in occupied Palestine. Meetings in Sydney and Melbourne
- Join the public rallies, organised by a coalition of organisations, taking place in Sydney, Canberra and Melbourne
- Write to your MP, the Minister for Foreign Affairs and the Prime Minister. APAN has good resources to help you.