PIEN’s mission is to be Australian Christians who seek lasting peace for the people of Palestine and Israel. We aim to equip and inform Australian churches, inspired by Christ’s vision for universal reconciliation.
We work on three key strategies:
- Educating Christians about the issues and equipping them to be strong, vocal advocates for a just peace;
- Persuading our parliamentary representatives – whether in the government or not – of the imperative and “rightness” of speaking up and acting for justice for all people in Palestine and Israel; and
- Expressing solidarity for and with all Palestinians, whether Christian or not.
We would be kidding if we claimed that PIEN can single-handedly bring peace to Palestine-Israel. But we cannot and should not stand idle in the midst of injustice! And thankfully we are part of a growing international movement which agrees it’s high time Palestinians were given a chance for life that is free from occupation, oppression, violence and harassment.
Christians, especially, are called to follow Christ, who began his ministry by proclaiming God’s call upon him to bring good news to the poor, release to the captives, sight to the blind and freedom to the oppressed (Luke 4: 18).
PIEN wants to be an active instrument for justice and peace. But we cannot do so without your support!
Recently, we advertised for a new PIEN Executive Officer, to work part time with increased hours to 12 hours a week, commencing in February 2016. This increase in hours for the role will give a much needed “lift” to the achievement of PIEN’s objectives. Together with the need to extend the scope and effectiveness of our work, this appointment will involve a large increase on the financial resources required to get the job done. Our modest program of advocacy and education costs around $20,000 a year, and – as we enter 2016 – we have about one third of that!
WILL YOU HELP US?
PIEN invites you to express your support for our work by offering financial support through a one-off or annual gift. No amount is too small, or too large!
Your gift at this time will enable us plan effectively for the coming year, and help us continue working for peace and justice in Palestine and Israel.
Details on how to donate are provided below.
Thank you for your support, and happy Christmas!
Gregor Henderson and Ros Harper, PIEN Co-conveners
Kevin Bray, PIEN Treasurer
21 December 2015
How to donate to the Palestine Israel Ecumenical Network (PIEN)
1) By direct electronic funds transfer (EFT) to the PIEN bank account, with email advice of having done so. This is our preferred way to receive your gift.
PIEN’s bank account details are:
Account Name: Palestine Israel account
Account Number: 05200760
Email address for sending advice of donation: kevin26 (at) iinet (dot) net (dot) au (addressed to Kevin Bray). In the email, please explain the purpose of the donation (for annual donation, or as a one-off donation) and the name, phone number/s and address of the donor.
2) By cheque to the PIEN Treasurer, Kevin Bray, with a note explaining the purpose of the donation, and the name, phone number/s and address of the donor. Please contact Kevin using the email address above to request his postal address.